Janet Balaskas Active Birth Workshop ©
My Active Birth workshop….
- is for mothers-to-be and their birth partners
- prepares the body and mind to activate the mother’s natural birth-giving abilities
- enables you to understand the unfolding of the natural process of pregnancy and birth
- empowers you to make informed choices about your labour and birth and to have a positive experience, however the birth journey might unfold
- is a common-sense, evidence-based approach
- is taught in the comfort of your own home and can be personalised to your needs
In your workshop you will:
- find out more about the physiological process of birth
- find out about the hormones in labour and birth and how a baby is born through the pelvis
- explore ways to optimise the hormonal process through position, movement, breathing and partner support such as massage
- become more prepared for working with your midwife if plans need to change, so you can make decisions that are right for you
I will come to your home – I can travel to most parts of Islington, Camden, Hackney and around.
Costs £45 per hour for up to 4 hours, dates and timings at your convenience (most parents choose to have a workshop between 20-34 weeks of pregnancy).
Reduced costs for more than one couple in a workshop or a mother-to-be who wishes to come on her own.
Includes a copy of ‘Preparing for Active Birth’ handbook by Janet Balaskas, free subscription to the Active Birth e-journal and follow-up support.
Class structure -
individuals or couples
Session duration -
1 or 2 hours
Workshop length -
up to 4 hours